Thursday, August 27, 2009

Reading Materials

Books I am packing:
Maharanis by Lucy Moore (thanks Mom!) - nonfiction, this book has a lot about the late Maharani Gayatri Devi of Jaipur in it
Siddhartha von Herman Hesse
Upanisads - Patrick Olivelle translation (read much of this for my Indian Philosophies class)
La Vagabonde
par Colette (thanks Dad!)
- Oxford English-Hindi and Hindi-English dictionaries
- Berlitz French pocket dictionary
- Lilliput German-English dictionary
(Whenever I live in a place for an extended period of time I need to take some dictionaries. I feel like I'm missing an appendage if I don't. Especially when I'm studying a new language and learning new vocab, I find myself thinking, "do I know how to say that in German? French? Spanish?" And if I don't, I like being able to look it up.)
I'll probably also bring my U of M Hindi textbook, and if I can find it, my P. Lal translation of the Bhagavad Gita.
I'm also packing some American magazines in case my internship involves girls who might be interested in them.
This list will most likely be added to later =)

Edit: Also bringing Gitanjali by Rabindranath Tagore.

No comments:

Post a Comment